Saturday, August 31, 2013

Felt like a night for a party

Last night I went to see Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in concert. To say the show was phenomenal would be a huge understatement. There is a reason beyond blind, dumb, luck that these men are on the fast track to epic success and last night I saw it first-hand.

From the moment they stepped on stage, the energy was unlike anything I've ever experienced. It was infectious. I felt zapped from standing outside in the heat all day and wondered how I would make it through the rest of the show. From the first beats of the opening song, 10,000 Hours, my energy level was no longer a concern.



The way Macklemore was able to command and connect with the audience was unprecedented. There's an very "real" quality to him and at no point did it feel like we were watching an ego perform. It was the performance of a man who appreciated every ounce of the success he's worked so hard for.

There were many high points of the night but there's one in particular that I wanted to mention. The song Same Love has become the unofficial anthem for the same-sex marriage equality issue. When they performed it last night the place exploded. I can't describe what was like to hear ten thousand people singing the line "Damn right I support it!". I choked up a little. It was a beautiful moment I'll never forget. 

I could write pages upon pages about why it was such a good time, but I'll keep it short and sweet. So why did I feel the need to blog about a concert? To urge everyone to go see Macklemore and Ryan Lewis live. Unfortunately for my Colorado friends, if you missed last night's show, you're out of luck. There are no plans for them to return on this tour. For the rest of you, if you love Macklemore or are looking for an excuse to let loose and have a genuinely fun time, spend the money, get a ticket. It's not just a concert but an experience to remember!

And we danced, and we cried.
And we laughed and had a really, really, really good time.
Take my hand, let's have a blast
And remember this moment for the rest of our lives.

*Photo credits go to my BFF, Jannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment