Thursday, August 8, 2013

Where has the Squirrel Whisperer been?

Good day! My apologies for not posting much this past month. I've been very busy. Let me get you caught up and then I'd like to share some awesome news!

The main project eating away most of my time, of course, is my novel. I've been working tirelessly to get it ready for my editor, the always awesome Cynthia Shepp. The manuscript will be placed in her very capable hands this Saturday, August 10th (Eek!). If all goes well, I'm hoping for a release date sometime in September/early October.

This past month, I finished two short story submissions for an anthology contest. Actually, I wrote three, but deemed one unworthy of submission. I ripped out the good parts and added them to another story. Nothing like a little literary vivisection to bring a smile to a girl's face.

Now the good news! My Frankenstein of a tale, brought forth by the previous story's demise, will be published as part of the upcoming Stalkers Anthology. The competition was fierce and I spent six days lurking around on Facebook waiting for the winners to be announced. I was very nervous my story wouldn't make the cut. As with all of my peers, I'm always on edge, waiting for someone to finally discover I'm a total hack. Until that time however, I'll keep chugging along and celebrating my victories.

About the Stalkers Anthology-
First off, I want to say congratulations to the winners! I feel honored to be printed beside so many wonderful writers/authors. Second, I want to thank Cynthia Sheep and Rene Folsom for putting together another wonderful anthology highlighting indie talent. Seriously, you ladies ROCK!

Now the details- No release date is scheduled just yet, but I'll keep you up to date as the information is handed down.  If you'd like to know a little bit more about my story, Damaged People, click on the Published Works tab at the top of this page.

A list of the stories to be included:
Lucid by Andrea Stanet 
Donations by Bart Hopkins 
Bernice by Chad Foutz 
Destination: Death by Eaton Thomas Palmer 
Autumn by Elizabeth Collins 
Dead Ringer by Jason Brant 
Freezer Burn by Jon Messenger 
Powerless by Laurie Treacy 
The Watcher by Lindy Spencer 
Immortal Luck by Magen McMinimy 
Say My Name by Michael Loring 
Damaged People by Nicki Scalise 
Izzy's Assassin by Nicole Clark 
Blog Stalker by Phil Taylor 
Every Thorn by Rene Folsom 
Affliction by S.L. Dearing

Don't Kiss the Dead Fred by A.E. Killingsworth 

The awesome cover was created by the very talented Rene Folsom at Phycel Designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment