Excerpt From Accidentally... Cimil?He closed the gap between us and grabbed me by the shoulders. I was about to release a surge of light into his hands simply for the sheer joy of watching him shoot across the room and slam into the wall, but then I remembered the stupid collar. I was dead in the water.
“I came to tell you something,” he said.
“You may speak.”
I could have sworn I saw actual sparks shoot from his eyes. Probably no one had ever told him anything other than, “Yes, my king” or “No, my king” and “Your wish is my command, my king.” Well, soon he’d be just another soul wondering why he had wasted his life on silly things like wealth and power.
And why the hell he’d messed with me!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Meet Cimil. Yeah, she's the Goddess of the Underworld, harbinger of all things evil and deadly, yadda, yadda . . . but she's also crazy fun! While minding her own business in Giza, Egypt, around 3000 BC (give or take a few centuries), she spots the hottest mortal her immortal eyes have ever seen. And he's not just any guy-he's the strong, powerful pharaoh who's fallen madly in love with her. But when he kills her pet unicorn, Cimil vows revenge, even if takes thousands of years to get even.
When Roberto meets Cimil, the king knows she's his soul mate. It isn't just her beautiful eyes or gorgeous body, but the godly power he feels simmering just beneath her fun-loving surface. They were the perfect couple . . . until the dead unicorn thing. Now after four thousand years, Roberto crosses paths with Cimil again, and his love for her is stronger than ever. But can he prove that he can once again be trusted with her heart?
About the author:
Mimi Jean Pamfiloff is The New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of Paranormal Romance. Before taking up a permanent residence in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mimi spent time living near NYC (became a shopaholic), in Mexico City (developed a taste for very spicy food), and Arizona (now hates jumping chollas, but pines for sherbet sunsets). Her love of pre-Hispanic culture, big cities, and romance inspires her to write when she's not busy with kids, hubby, work, and life...or getting sucked into a juicy novel.
She hopes that someday, leather pants for men will make a big comeback and that her writing might make you laugh when you need it most.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
By Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
1. Cimil, rumor has it that you are trying to end the world. How do you respond to these allegations?
- Well, that’s just crazy-talk! (And absolutely true.) I would never try to harm my precious people pets (a HUGE lie), because I am a deity. I am incapable of doing harm to anyone. (Another HUGE lie.) That said, everything I touch does have a way of blowing up. (All true.) But it’s not my fault. I swear! (Sad, but true.) Once you read my story, you will understand. (Not likely, but hey… One can dream.)
2. Why, exactly, do you hate clowns?
- Really now. Why does anyone hate clowns? They smile all the time. It’s just creepy. And wholly unnatural. Nuff said.
3. How did Minky become your pet? Where did you find her?
- Ah! Now there’s an exciting story. It was about 10,000 B.C., and I was hunting packs of randy little Leprechauns (to play a prank on Fate; their tiny little hands freak her out). Anywhoodles, I came across Minky trying to steal their pot of gold (it’s invisible, just like Minky). We’ve been best buds ever since.
Cimil, did you just make up that entire story?
- Yes. Absolutely. Dangit! I’m such a bad liar! The truth is we met at a knitting circle.
You’re not going to tell us the truth, are you?
4. Now that your darkest secrets have been revealed in your novella, Accidentally Cimil, how do you feel? And do you still plan to smite the writer?
- My secret is such a humdinger, how can I not be relieved? My only concern is that my brethren will reject me when they find out. But it’s really not my fault. And yes, Mimi Jean shall be smote!
So is your dark secret the reason you lied to your brethren about being clairvoyant when your true gift is speaking to the dead?
- No. Being clairvoyant just sounded cooler. Don’t get me wrong, talking to dead people, seeing the world’s future and past through their eyes certainly has its perks, but half the time they just sit around complaining about being dead. Or losing at poker. (The dead play lots of poker.)
5. Can you give us a hint about how the series will end?
- I could tell you, but you’d never believe me. It’s BIG! It would even shock a Leprechaun and nothing shocks those little bastards. I will tell you this, however; it involves very hungry hippopotami.
See you in August!
Hugs and many naughty thoughts,
a Rafflecopter giveaway